Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fredo Makes a Mistake

SCENE: The White House. Mike Brown sits on the couch. The President sits in the chair opposite Brown.

BROWN: (after a pause) I don't have a lot to say, Mr. President.

THE PRESIDENT: We have time. (Brown gets up, walks to the window overlooking the Rose Garden.)

BROWN: I didn't know he was from the National Enquirer. I swear to you I didn't know. The guy contacted me and said he wanted to talk. He said he was writing a favorable story about our hurricane response and there was a place for me in it if I could help him out. He said you were too busy to talk and if he had a little bit of help about your drinking problem he could write it fast and it would be good for you.

THE PRESIDENT: And you believed that story?

BROWN: He said there was something good in it for me ... me on my own.

THE PRESIDENT: I've always taken care of you Brownie.

BROWN: Taken care of me? Mr. President, I’m the FEMA director, and you take care of me? Did you ever think of that. Ever once? Send Brownie off to do this, send Brownie to take care of that ... take care of some little unimportant tropical storm here, and there; pick somebody up at the airport. Mr. President I was stepped over!

THE PRESIDENT: It's the way Dick Cheney wanted it.

BROWN: It wasn't the way I wanted it! I can handle things. I'm not dumb. Christ, not like everyone says. I'm smart; and I want respect.

THE PRESIDENT: There's nothing more you can tell me about this drinking story?

BROWN: I also told them that when you choked on the pretzel, they found you lying In your own vomit with a beer bong on your head.

THE PRESIDENT: You're nothing to me now, Brownie. Not a FEMA director, not a friend, I don't want to know you, or what happens to you. I don't want to see you in New Orleans, or near the White House. When you visit Joe Albaugh, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. Do you understand?

(The President turns, and starts to leave. A frightened voicebehind him:)

BROWN: W?

(The President doesn't stop, doesn't turn back. He continues out the door of the office. Karl Rove stops by him.)

THE PRESIDENT: I don't want anything to happen to him while Joe Albaugh's alive.

(The President leaves.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good piece sir blogger. Did you have to go back and re-watch the movie or did you remember the dialogue that closely? How about something on the whole Bill "Mr. Morality" Bennett abort the black babies fiasco? Wht are your thoughts on that?

--Argyle

9/30/2005 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger The Vulgarian said...

Just when he thought he was out - they pull him back in. Brownie is, I'm sure you're aware, a consultant and still on FEMA's payroll. You could look it up, yo.

10/01/2005 04:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home